Wednesday, 17 January 2018
- A matching and gap-filling exercise.
- Pictures with audio so that you can practise the pronunciation of some words about computers.
- A crossword for parts of a computer (pdf, answers on p.2).
- A word puzzle for computer parts (pdf, answers on p.2).
- Match the words to the definitions.
- A conversation with vocabulary to describe computer problems (similar to the listening activity we did in class) and a gap-filling exercise.
Monday, 15 January 2018
This is a presentation about adjectives and prepositions that you can use to revise what you have learnt:
Wednesday, 10 January 2018
Wednesday, 20 December 2017
- Wordsearch 1 with words from your Vocabulary Bank.
- Wordsearch 2 with words from your Vocabulary Bank.
- British Council: watch a video of two students describing their pictures, then read the tips. At the end of the tips you can click on Worksheets and downloads to get the pictures the students described, as well as some exercises and the transcript of the video.
Monday, 18 December 2017
You have to write an essay to hand in on 8th January. The topic is Your Biography (230-250 words). It should include the following:
Paragraph 1: Your childhood.
Paragraph 2: Your teenage years and early twenties.
Paragraph 3: Your adult life till now.
(If you´re under 25, make paragraps 2 and 3 a bit longer).
Remember to use a good variety of tenses -simple, continuous, used to, present perfect- and connectors -then, later, (immediately) after that, before, as soon as, when, while, one year later, for two months, etc-.
Wednesday, 13 December 2017
Exercise 1: Fill in the gaps with the past simple or past continuous.
Exercise 2: Fill in the gaps with the past simple or past continuous.
Exercise 3: Fill in the gaps with the past simple or past continuous.
Exercise 4: Multiple choice.
Exercise 5: Fill in the gaps with the right form of used to.
Exercise 6: Multiple choice used to.
Exercise 7: Provide the right form of used to+verb.
Exercise 8: Write sentences with used to (pdf, answers on p.2).