- A man announces a New York itinerary to a group of tourists. With multiple choice comprehension questions, vocabulary questions and script.
- Peter talks about how South Africa has so many different climates.With a multiple choice test (on the right) and script that you can hide or show.
- Peter talks about the things to do and see around Capetown, in South Africa. Same as above.
- Monica gives some tips on what to do when visiting New Zealand. Same as above.
Wednesday, 15 November 2017
This is the video about the pronunciation of the -s that we saw in class:
You can also read and listen to the examples in this interesting post by Zac Tobias (great blog!). Please make sure you check it out, as not pronouncing the final -s is a serious mistake at your level.
Wednesday, 8 November 2017
Write an essay of 225-250 words including the following:
- Where you live (kind of house, area).
- What the area is like (describe using adjectives, talk about facilities, services...).
- What your house/flat is like (where it is, number of rooms, special features, etc).
- Your favourite room (colours, furniture, decoration, if you have changed anything recently, why it is your favourite, etc).
The writing is due next Wednesday 15th November.
Here you can download a handout with the interaction exercise about houses we did in class today. It goes with a list of useful expressions to agree, disagree, ask for and give opinions.
-What is your dream house? You´ll hear six speakers talking about their dream house. Click on "Mixer quiz" on the right to show the multiple choice questions for each speaker.
-Property development With a test with gap-filling and multiple choice questions.